Many liberals are suffering from Donald Trump’s win over Hillary Clinton, that doesn’t mean they suffer from anything other than TRUMP ACCEPTANCE RESISTANCE DISORDER.
Signs and Symptoms:
People with Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder are characterized by a persistent unwillingness to accept that Donald Trump is going to Make America Great Again. Individual sufferers often display signs of paranoia and delusion; in acute cases psychotic episodes have been observed. Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder is different from being upset about the results of the 2016 presidential election; People with TARD are unwilling or unable to accept reality, despite irrefutable evidence.
According to the DSM-V, individuals with TARD exhibit most or all of the following symptoms:
Telling others they are moving to Canada
– Fixated on fantasies about the Electoral College
– Protesting an election no credible source contests the outcome of
– Exclamations that “Someone” should do “Something”
– Acute change in demeanor from pompous and arrogant to fearful and combative
– Claim that anyone who disagrees with them is some combination of Racist, Sexist, Bigoted, Homophobic, and actually some sort of Hitler persona
Causes and Mechanisms:
Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder was directly caused by the election of Donald Trump as President of the United States of America. For many, both in America and worldwide, this was a shocking and unexpected outcome; their preferred news sources having failed to inform them that the alternative candidate was a criminal parasite in such ill health she got chucked into the back of a van like a kidnap victim.
Research is ongoing, but TARD appears to correlate closely with the following environmental and behavioral factors:
– Membership in the Democratic party
– Identifying as a Feminist
– Currently enrolled in college, and/or
– Possession of a Liberal Arts college degree
– Living in a densely populated metropolitan area
– Massive student debt
– Spotty or non-existent work history